- Go! Go! Sports Girls know it is important to eat foods that will keep your body strong and healthy. Healthy eating gives you the energy you need to Dream Big and Go For It! Read our healthy eating tips below:
- Start your day with a good breakfast. It will give you energy and prepare you for the day! Fruit, low-fat or nonfat yogurt, whole-grain cereals and skim-milk are great breakfast choices!
- Drink plenty of water! Your body is made up of mostly water that ranges anywhere from 50% to 70%, which means water is an important part of you! As you go about your day, your body uses some of that water, so you need to replenish what you use by drinking plenty of water.
- Stay away from drinks with caffeine and a lot of sugar. They do not hydrate your body.
- Drink your milk! Choose skim or 1% milk. It provides your body with key nutrients, such as calcium to help keep your bones strong.
- Choose Smart Foods! They are filled with good nutrition. Some examples of smart foods are carrots, tomatoes, zucchini, apples, grapes, bananas, skim-milk, whole wheat bread, oatmeal, fish, chicken, nuts and beans.
- Go easy on the junk food! They may taste yummy, but they do not give your body the vitamins it needs to grow healthy and strong. Some examples of junk foods are soda, candy, potato chips, sugary cereals, cookies and fast food.
- Get creative and try new things – eating healthy can be fun! Share with us your healthy eating ideas or recipes!
The Go Go Sports Girls know how to eat healthy. Click to learn about healthy snack ideas!